Tyler Slab Leak Detection
Reliable Slab Leak Repair Services in Tyler, TX and throughout East Texas
Rudd Plumbing has provided exceptional quality plumbing service for residential and commercial customers for nearly a century. We offer a full range of services to solve any plumbing problem, including slab leaks, in Tyler, Longview and throughout East Texas. If you suspect a leak under your slab foundation, let our professionals locate and fix the damaged pipe. We use advanced technology and methods to accurately identify the location of water leaks.
Don't delay if you suspect a slab leak. Contact us today to request an estimate for slab leak detection in Tyler, TX.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
A slab leak may occur when a pipe under the foundation bursts or corrodes over time. As a house gets older and settles, the pipes under the slab are more prone to failure. In some cases, the water will flood your home, but smaller leaks are not as easily detected.
Contact a professional if you notice the following:
- Low water pressure
- Hot spots on the floor
- Cracks in the cement
- An increase in your water bill
- A running meter even when the water main is turned off
The location of plumbing pipes under the slab presents challenges when detecting and repairing slab leaks. Fortunately, it is no longer necessary to take a jackhammer to the cement to find and fix a slab leak. We use innovative technologies for diagnosing and repairing leaks under the slab, including video camera inspection equipment. Our Tyler slab leak repair professionals can put a wire with a camera through the pipe to locate the damage.
Innovative Solutions for Replacing Broken Pipes Under Slabs
When a pipe under the slab needs to be replaced, our expert plumbers use trenchless technology to replace the damaged pipe. We invest in ongoing training and the best equipment to deliver superior service to every customer and solve your slab leaks with minimal damage to your home. In fact, we leave it cleaner than when we arrived.
Slab Leak FAQ
What are the most common causes of slab leaks?
Slab leaks may be caused by the following:
- Natural movement and expansion of the soil
- Poor initial installation of pipes
- Poor-quality pipe materials
- Chemical reactions between metals in the earth and/or water and metal pipes
- Internal pipe corrosion
Are Slab Leaks Serious?
Yes! A slab leak has the potential to cause serious damage to your foundation, not to mention you're still responsible for the cost of all the water that is being wasted. If you think you might have a leak, it's imperative that you call a plumber as soon as possible to inspect your property. This problem won't resolve itself; the longer you wait, the more you risk.
Is There Any Way to Prevent Slab Leaks?
Slab leaks are one of those problems that are generally outside of direct control because 1) they involve underground pipes that can't easily be accessed, and 2) there are many environmental factors that cause them that you can't really change. However, there are still a few general plumbing best practices you should observe that may help you keep your plumbing pipes in good order.
- Don't plant trees or add concrete in areas near plumbing pipes. Tree roots are strong enough to break through pipes in search of water, and concrete can cause issues with abrasion against your pipes.
- Test your water's pH. Water that is too acidic can cause your pipes to erode faster. An ideal pH is between 6.5 and 8.5.
- Test your water pressure. Generally speaking, residential water pressure should be in the 40 to 80 psi range. Water pressure that is too high can place more strain on your pipes and weaken them over time.
- Don't use chemical drain cleaners. Harsh commercial drain products can corrode your pipes!
Have you noticed signs of a slab leak? Call (903) 290-0851 to schedule service with the plumber Tyler trusts!
“Within an hour after contacting Rudd Plumbing in Tyler and describing our needs, Stephen and Jake appeared, assessed our needs, assembled the required materials, and began work to solve our problems.”- Don and Virginia
“So glad we called Rudd Plumbing!”- Terri Thigpen
“His troubleshooting of my system was quick, evaluation & corrective options were good! I was totally impressed with the young man.”- John S. Edgin